Oct 20, 2021
CAD 203 - Advanced Electro-Mechanical Design 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Continuation of CAD 153 . Includes standards for packaging, fastener library, 3D sheet-metal enclosures, production drawing sheets, materials and fastening systems for enclosures, and hard copy techniques and procedures.
Prerequisite(s): CAD 153
Course Learning Outcomes
- Discuss industry standards as they pertain to electronic systems packaging design and documentation.
- Describe temporary and permanent fastening systems for enclosures and utilize common fasteners in drawings.
- Create 3D sheet-metal enclosure.
- Create production drawings for electro-mechanical project.
- Discuss material choices for enclosures.
- Standards for Packaging
- Review industry standards for electronic systems packaging documentation
- Common component usage in design
- Threaded inserts
- 3D Sheet-Metal Enclosure
- Overview and fabrication techniques
- Bend allowance
- Strain relief
- Flange size
- Weld locations
- Production Drawings
- Prototype drawing setup for assigned projects
- Orthographic and isometric views
- Assembly drawings
- Wiring Diagrams
- Cable Assembly drawings
- Cable Routing drawings
- Materials for Enclosures
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)