Dec 03, 2021
BCT 237 - Residential and Industrial Plumbing V 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 4 lab periods
Continuation of BCT 236 . Includes types of venting; sizing DWV and storm systems; sewage pumps and sump pumps; corrosive resistant waste piping; and compressed air.
Prerequisite(s): BCT 236 or concurrent enrollment.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate how to construct a vent system.
- Calculate the size of building drains and sewer systems.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble, repair, and reassemble a sump pump.
- Demonstrate how to connect corrosive resistant piping together using the proper techniques and materials.
- Identify components of compressed air systems.
- Types of Venting
- How vents work
- Designing a vent installation
- Types of vents
- Sizing DWV and Storm Systems
- Sizing drain, waste, and vent systems
- Sizing storm drainage systems
- Sewage Pumps and Sump Pumps
- Sewage removal systems
- Storm water removal systems
- Troubleshooting and repairing sewage and storm water removal systems
- Corrosive Resistant Waste Piping
- Types of corrosive waste
- Pipe materials for corrosive wastes
- Installing corrosive resistant waste piping systems
- Hazard communications
- Compressed Air
- Working safely with compressed air
- Principles of compressed air systems
- Components of compressed air systems
- Installing compressed air systems
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)