Dec 03, 2021
BCT 182 - Residential and Industrial Plumbing II 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 4 lab periods
Concepts and practices for plumbing. Includes offsets around obstructions, reading commercial drawings, installing and testing drainage, waste, and vent (DWV) piping system, installing roof, floor and area drains, and servicing various types of valves.
Prerequisite(s): BCT 181
Course Learning Outcomes
- Calculate 45-degree offsets around obstructions.
- Do a material takeoff for drainage, waste, and vent (DWV) and water supply systems from information shown on drawings.
- Demonstrate the ability to test a DWV system.
- Install a roof, floor, and area drain.
- Demonstrate the ability to service various types of valves.
- Offsets Around Obstructions
- Applied math
- Rolling offsets
- Calculating rolling offsets with a framing square
- Calculating 45 – degree offsets around obstructions
- Reading Commercial Drawings
- Overview of commercial drawings
- Working with blueprints
- The worksheet drawings
- Installing and Testing DWV Piping
- Basic framing for lavatories and sinks
- Determining the location of the stack
- Change of direction of the building drain
- Installing the main stack
- Plumbing in slab-on-grade construction
- Installing pipe hangers and supports
- Modifying the structural members
- Testing and inspecting DWV piping
- Installing Roof, Floor, and Area Drains
- Basic parts of drains
- Special drains
- Determining requirements for floor drains
- Installing floor and area drains
- Installing roof drains
- Servicing Various Types of Valves
- How valves operate
- Types of valves
- Special valves
- Valve ratings
- Types of stems
- End connections
- Repairing valves
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)