Jul 07, 2022
BCT 135 - National Electrical Code Residential Wiring Applications 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 4 lab periods
Electrical wiring and installation conforming to National Electrical Code requirements. Includes grounded systems, requirements for over-current protection of conductors, ampacity criteria, installing over-current protection of conductors, installing services, installing motors and transformers, remote control and signaling circuits, and installing structured wiring in homes and offices.
Prerequisite(s): BCT 172
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe grounded systems.
- Describe the requirements for overcurrent protection of conductors.
- Describe ampacity criteria.
- Perform the installation of overcurrent protection for conductors.
- Perform service installations.
- Perform motor and transformer installations.
- Perform remote control and signaling circuit installations.
- Describe the installation procedures for structured wiring in homes and offices.
- Grounded Systems
- Circuit and system grounding
- Grounding electrode systems
- Bonding service equipment
- Equipment Grounding
- Requirements for Overcurrent Protection of Conductors
- Ground fault
- Ampacity criteria
- Cross sectional area
- Type of insulation
- Ambient temperature
- Installing Overcurrent Protection of Conductors
- Overcurrent devices
- Conductor ampacities and temperature ratings
- Protection of conductors
- Location of overcurrent devices
- Installing Devices
- Number of services and disconnects
- Services conductors
- Service entrance conductors
- Service equipment
- Installing Motors and Transformers
- Motor controllers and motor circuits
- Protection of motor circuits
- Installation requirements for transformers
- Remote Control and Signaling Circuits
- Terms and definitions
- Class one circuits
- Class two and class three circuits
- Installing class two and three, and programmable logic controller cables
- Installing Structured Wiring in Homes and Offices
- Wiring Installation
- Home television
- Low voltage signal systems
- Detectors, fire alarms, and security systems
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)