Jan 25, 2022
BCT 130 - EPA Clean Air Act: Section 608 1 Credits, 1 Contact Hours
1 lecture period 0 lab periods
Freon certification preparation. Includes basics of refrigerant bearing equipment, ozone depletion and the new legislation, technician categories covered on the certification examination, and certification testing.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe the basis of refrigerant bearing equipment.
- State details of ozone depletion, legislation and the rules for implementation.
- Describe specific technical details for the three technician categories.
- Identify correct answers on sample test questions and myths and realities about the EPA exam.
- Basics of Refrigerant Bearing Equipment
- Cooling circuit measurements
- Cooling circuit operation
- Compressor lubricants
- Leak detection
- Refrigerant families and new refrigerants
- Ozone Depletion and New Legislation
- Rules for implementation
- Recovery, recycling, and reclaiming vapor and liquid
- Technician Categories Covered on Certification Examination
- Small appliances
- High pressure appliances
- Low pressure appliances
- Certification Testing
- Sample questions
- Myths and realities
- A new professionalism
- Focused study questions
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)