Dec 03, 2021
BCT 120 - Blueprint Reading for Construction 3 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Residential and light commercial blueprint reading. Includes blueprint symbols and terminology, construction materials, applications and specifications for commercial buildings, light frame and brick veneer construction, and appropriate mathematics.
Recommendation: Completion of BCT 107 before enrolling in this course. If any recommended course is taken, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Information: BCT 111 , BCT 113 , and BCT 114 substitute for BCT 107 .
Course Learning Outcomes
- Read architect’s and engineer’s scales.
- Interpret the architect’s terminology associated with advanced residential and light commercial applications, to include symbols, materials, scaling practices and abbreviations.
- Explain and apply specifications for electrical, HVAC, plumbing and masonry work.
- Explain and use basic trade blueprints applicable to electrical, HVAC, plumbing and masonry work.
- Work mathematical problems associated with quantities of materials for concrete slabs, foundations and general utilities.
- Architectural Terminology
- Dimensioning standards
- Construction materials
- Light commercial
- Commercial buildings
- Light frame construction
- Site Plans
- Utility layout
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)