Jan 25, 2022
ART 289 - Portfolio Capstone 1 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
.5 lecture periods 1.5 lab periods
Assembly and production of a professional quality portfolio of the student’s own artwork with a focus on personal creativity and a coherent presentation. Includes review of assembly of portfolio materials, presentation of artwork, presentation of ideas and concepts, and a final capstone portfolio review.
Information: Consent of instructor is required before enrolling in this course. A minimum grade of C is required to complete this course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Assemble, curate, and document artwork for a portfolio that exhibits both technical competency and a conceptual perspective that reflect their interests and creativity.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically reflect, discuss, and articulate both verbally and in written form the relationship of their own artwork and perspective in a global and creative context.
- Review and Assembly of Portfolio Materials
- Selecting and curating work for presentation
- Discussion of client expectations and purpose of portfolio
- Professional presentational standards
- Building, formatting, and organizing a resume
- Presentation of Artwork
- Photographing and/or scanning of artwork
- Formatting artwork for presentation
- Investigating traditional exhibition options
- Investigating digital and social media exhibition options
- Presentation of Ideas and Concepts
- Investigating conceptual, historical, and global connections relating to one’s own perspective and inspirations
- Organizing creative ideas
- Writing and editing an Artist Statement
- Assembling a coherent oral presentation of one’s artwork
- Final Capstone Portfolio Review
- Oral presentation
- Final faculty critique of artwork, artist’s statement, checklist, resume/CV, and an electronic version of the portfolio in a Power Point, web, or social media format.
Full Academic Year 2018/2019
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)