ART 214 - Printmaking II
3 Credits, 5 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Continuation of ART 212 . Includes advanced problems in aesthetics and techniques of intaglio projects and techniques, relief printing, monotype techniques, and multi-process and alternative approaches to printmaking.
Prerequisite(s): ART 212
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate expanded use of intaglio processes (hard ground, soft ground, drypoint, and aquatint).
- Demonstrate expanded relief-printing process.
- Demonstrate expanded use of monotype printing with addition of color, overlays, and Xerox and/or other transfers.
- Demonstrate multi-process printing.
- Intaglio Projects and Techniques: Multi-Plate and Multi-Color Possibilities Expanded
- Hard ground
- Soft ground
- Relief Printing: Multi-Plate and Multi-Color Possibilities
- Wood and/or linoleum and/or sintra substrates
- Working with different gouges
- Constructed surfaces
III. Monotype Techniques: Multi-Plate and Multi-Color Possibilities
A. Rolling, wiping, inking
B. Xerox and/or citris-solve and/or gel medium and/or offset transfers
IV. Multi-Process and Alternative Approaches to Printmaking
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)