May 24, 2022
ANT 265 - Mapping Concepts 1 Credits, 1 Contact Hours
1 lecture period 0 lab periods
Introduction to the practical use of maps. Includes map basics and attributes, scales and measurements, direction, geographic coordinate systems, relief and contours, and aerial photography.
Information: Same as ARC 265 /GEO 265 /GIS 265 .
Course Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the fundamental concepts associated with maps.
- Read and translate between graphic, ratio and word statement scales.
- Determine direction on maps.
- Read and use a variety of geographic coordinate systems.
- Read and draw topographic contours and profiles.
- Interpret aerial photographs
- Map Basics and Attributes
- Scales and Measurements
- Geographic Coordinate Systems
- Relief and Contours
- Aerial Photography
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)