MUP 164 - Studio Instruction: Piano I (Major)
2 Credits, 0.5 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 5 lab periods
Weekly studio instruction. Includes participation in student recitals and jury exams.
Corequisite(s): MUS 125 , MUS 127
Information: Students chosen by audition. Faculty approval required for registration.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Utilize a concentrated approach for playing instrument, practicing, and problem solving.
- Demonstrate and display musicianship and interpretation stylistically appropriate, with respect to historical genres.
- Demonstrate the ability to play technical studies such as scales, etudes, etc., appropriate for student’s level.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly execute rhythms in repertoire appropriate to student’s level.
- Accurate Execution of Rhythm and Pitch
- Interpretation of Repertoire Written in Homophonic and Polyphonic Textures
- Literature That are Etudes in Nature
- Scales and Arpeggios
- Other Technical Studies Considered Appropriate to Student’s Level
- Literature Representative of Contrasting Historical Periods and Styles
- History and Theory to be Taught Relevant to Literature Being Covered
- Student Must Perform Satisfactorily in a Student Recital in Order to Receive Credit for the Course
Student Must Play a Jury Exam for the Piano Faculty in Order to Receive Credit for the Course
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)