MUS 127 - Aural Perception I
1 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 2 lab periods
intervallic recognition, and sight singing.
Corequisite(s): MUS 125
Gen-Ed: Meets AGEC - FA; Meets - CTE - A&H.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Aurally distinguish intervals in dictation.
- Distinguish rhythmic patterns in dictation.
- Aurally identify major and three (3) forms of minor scales.
- Simple rhythms with no subdivisions
- Rhythms containing subdivisions in various meter signatures
II. Intervallic Recognition – Pitch Distances within the Octave
III. Sight Singing
A. Melodies containing step-wise intervals
B. Melodies with jumps to chord tones
Full Academic Year 2019/2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)