Sep 29, 2023
MLT 299 - Advanced Co-op: Medical Laboratory Technician 6.5 Credits, 6.5 Contact Hours
6.5 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Comprehensive review of course work to prepare the student for national certifying examinations, provide a forum for discussion of current issues and technologies in clinical laboratory science, and augment the concurrent clinical experience. Students share their experience in the clinical area through discussion of topics of interest and presentation of case studies.
Prerequisite(s): MLT 100IN (or MLT 100 and MLT 100LB ), MLT 240IN , MLT 275IN , MLT 285IN , MLT 250IN , and MLT 265IN .
Corequisite(s): MLT 299WK
Information: Consent of instructor is required before enrolling in this course. This is the capstone course for the MLT program.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Meet with coordinator and cohort to discuss rotation, and present departmental review for ASCP medical laboratory technician exam preparation.
- Evaluate readiness for the national certifying examinations through mock exam testing.
- Discuss the importance of team building, and career advancement including opportunities for continuing education after graduation.
- Principles, Theories, and Practices in Clinical Laboratory
- Application in the work situation
- Understanding through application
- Program Review of Student Performance
- Study question-submitted electronically
- Department examinations completed at the West Campus testing center
- Complete weekly assignments for each department
- Clinical Laboratory Discussion
- Case study presentations
- New technology and automation
- Planning for quality
- Challenges in the work setting
- Strategies for Successful Board Examination
- Test taking skills
- Review materials
- Mock registry exams
- Continuing Education After Graduation
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)