Dec 09, 2023
CIS 245 - Cyber Defense 3 Credits, 4 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat detection and monitoring tools, data analysis, vulnerability identification, and threats identification.
Prerequisite(s): CIS 225 and CIS 228
Information: This course may help in the preparation for the Comp TIA CySA+ certification and examination.
Gen-Ed: Meets AGEC Options requirement; Meets CTE - Options requirement
Course Learning Outcomes
- Implement a vulnerability management process and incorporate analysis of the results of the scan.
- Explain the circumstances under which a vulnerability must be disclosed.
- Develop a response plan based on evaluation of incident impact.
- Prepare a toolkit with appropriate forensics tools and communication plan.
- Recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management.
- Configure threat-detection tools.
- Apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools.
- Threat Management
- Practices used to secure a corporate environment
- Penetration testing
- Reverse engineering
- Training and exercises
- Risk evaluation
- Network threats
- Network segmentation
- Endpoint security
- System hardening
- Network access control
- Network reconnaissance
- Real-time data analysis
- Data correlation
- Systems reconnaissance
- Service discovery
- Social engineering
- Topology discovery
- Vulnerability Management
- Vulnerability management process
- Asset discovery and inventory
- Scanning and reporting
- Common vulnerabilities
- Virtual infrastructure
- Mobile devices
- SCADA and ICS
- Cyber Incident Response
- Impact of incident
- Threat classification
- Data classification
- Severity and prioritization
- Forensic evaluation
- Physical forensics kits
- Investigation software
- Identifying an incident
- Network symptoms
- Host symptoms
- Application symptoms
- Post incident recovery
- Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Common policies, controls, and procedures
- Regulatory frameworks
- Review of sample policy, controls, and procedures
- Verification and auditing
- Identity and access management
- Context-based authentication
- Endpoint repositories
- Federation and single sign-on
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)