Before enrolling in this program, you must meet the requirements listed below:
- Placement into WRT 101 or completion of WRT090 or 096 with a “C” or better
- Placement into REA 112 or completion of REA 091 with a “C” or better
- Placement into MAT 142 or MAT 151 or completion of MAT 092 or MAT 097 with a “C” or better
- TB skin Test - 2 step (Negative results, Negative Chest X-ray or Quantum Gold)
- Physical Examination
- American Heart Association CPR/BLS
- Valid Arizona Identity Verified Fingerprint (IVP) Clearance Card
What can I do with this certificate?
Career Options: Receive comprehensive education and practical experience in nursing, and prepare to become licensed as a practical nurse (LPN).
Academic Options: Pursue an associate degree in nursing. LPN completers qualify for LPN-ADN admission into Pima’s associate degree in nursing program.
Gainful Employment Information: www.pima.edu/practical-nurse-cert
Advanced Program Coordinator: 520-206-5222
Conditional Enrollment Program:
You will be eligible to enroll in program courses once you have completed the requirements listed above and the Department has authorized your enrollment. See the program director or advisor for more information.
Program/Major/Concentration Codes: CRTLPN/9LPN