Dec 01, 2021
The political science program is designed to prepare students for transfer to a political science program at a four-year institution. Following a four-year degree, students may also pursue graduate degrees in law, international business communications, political science, public administration, and management.
What can I do with this concentration?
Academic Options: This program has been designed to match as closely as possible the first two years of a political science degree at the University of Arizona. Students planning to transfer to another university should meet with an advisor to complete a transfer plan.
or contact any campus Student Services office: https://www.pima.edu/student-resources/advising/index.html
Program/Major/Concentration Code: AOAALA/ALA1/ALAO
English Composition: 6 Credits
Humanities and Fine Arts: 6 Credits
Biological and Physical Sciences: 8 Credits
Social and Behavioral Sciences: †
- POS 204 fulfills the C & G requirement. The I requirement must be fulfilled by a course in one of the above categories.
Required Core Courses
A grade of C or better is required for graduation.
Second Language Requirement: 16 Credits
- Complete second language course sequence through 202, fourth-semester level.
See an advisor or counselor if:
- you are a bilingual student to discuss exceptions to this requirement or
- if you are considering taking the CLEP test to earn language credits or
- if the university major does not require a second language, this requirement may be waived
If this requirement is met in fewer than 16 credits, or if the language requirement is waived, additional transferable electives are necessary to meet the minimum associate degree requirement of 60 credit hours.
Total Credits as Displayed: 61 Credits
† Core or support course(s) fulfill this requirement.
¥ The AGEC requires 35 credits. This subtotal shows the AGEC credits not fulfilled by core or support courses.