Learn the skills needed to begin a career in law enforcement while preparing for the licensure examination. Completion of the program exceeds the minimum P.O.S.T. requirements for entry-level employment as an Arizona peace officer.
Before enrolling in this program you must meet certain requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 21 years of age upon completion of the academy
- No felony convictions
- U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Physical requirement test
- Written evaluation
- Psychological evaluation
- Oral Board review
- Background investigation
- No history of AZPOST or agency disqualifiers identified in the background investigation reviewed by skills-matter experts.
- Medical evaluation
- Polygraph exam
- Other requirements that are specific to Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (Az P.O.S.T.) https://post.az.gov/
What can I do with this certificate?
Career Options: After passing the licensure examination, seek entry-level employment as an Arizona police officer.
Academic Options: Continue your studies by working toward an Associate’s degree in Law Enforcement.
Gainful Employment Information: www.pima.edu/ge-crtlwy
Program Manager: 520-206-3540
Conditional Enrollment Program:
You will be eligible to enroll in LEA courses once you have completed the requirement listed above and the Department has authorized your enrollment. See the program director or advisor for more information.
Conditional Program/Major Codes: CRTLWY/9LWY