Limited Admissions Program:
This program requires the following preparatory coursework:
BIO 201IN/IH and 202IN must have a combined average grade of B or better within the last six years
Department: Dental Hygiene
Program/Major Code: AASDNTHYGIEN/DHE1
CIP Code: 51.0602
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the learner will be able to:
Apply evidence-based practice, methodology, and technological practices in the dental field.
- Demonstrate and evaluate effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with diverse population groups and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide oral health programs to diverse communities and populations to prevent oral disease and promote oral health
- Articulate, demonstrate, and evaluate strategies and experiences which promote ethics, ethical reasoning and professionalism.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and decision making skills to provide effective and efficient dental hygiene services and for life-long learning.
- Apply the dental hygiene process of care to diverse population groups.
Cohort Model Program
Please contact the Department for the start of the next cohort.
General Education Note: Ensure that one general education CTE course fulfills one of the awareness categories: