Delve into the past and pursue exciting career opportunities in archaeology. Learn basic and advanced field skills using a hands-on approach while working at real archaeological sites. Highly trained staff and faculty help students gain proficiency in archaeological field techniques and methods. Students gain the experience needed to be successful as professional archaeologists.
Tineke Van Zandt, Ph.D.
West Campus, E240
Student Last Name A-F: Erika Elias, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Last Name G-L: Lynn Redpath, email@example.com
Student Last Name M-R: Barbara Elgutaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Last Name S-Z: Stephanie Maxwell, email@example.com
Mary Prasciunas, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
Tineke Van Zandt, Ph.D., email@example.com
Field Archaeology Certificate
Pima Community College Centre for Archaeological Field Training
The Archaeology Centre at Pima Community College welcomes all who are interested in acquiring archaeological skills in a friendly and supportive environment. We have been training students in basic and advanced field methods for over 40 years and are widely recognized for providing high-quality instruction. As technologies and methods have evolved, so has our program. Our students are uniquely positioned to find and keep employment in their chosen field.
“The archaeological field classes at Pima Community College were the most rewarding, enjoyable, and instructive of my entire academic career.”
— Matt Franz, Archaeology Field Certificate Graduate
“The students who complete this program are highly valued because of the quality training they receive. Many of the courses taught as part of this program are not available from universities or colleges, and are critical to practicing field archaeology. The Archaeology Certificate Program prepares the student for a job in cultural resource management.”
- Dr. Barbara Montgomery, Senior Principal Investigator - Tierra Right of Way Services
- Training in archaeological excavation, survey, and site recording techniques
- Hands-on experience at real archaeological sites
- Training in industry-standard mapping technologies such as precision GPS, total stations, and drones
- Experience in the collection, cataloging, analysis, and curation of artifacts
- Understanding of the diverse career opportunities in archaeology
- Community partnerships which provide real-world opportunities for student learning