Sep 29, 2022
CIS 142 - Introduction to C# 3 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Introduction to Microsoft’s .NET Programming Language C. Includes introduction and simple compilation and execution of programs from the Visual Studio IDE; data types and declarations; using methods; creating classes and objects; selection and repetition; and creating and using arrays. Also includes inheritance; exception handling; GUI objects and controls from the Visual Studio IDE; and handling events.
Prerequisite(s): CIS 129
Recommendation: Completion of CIS 104 /CSA 104 , have prior programming experience, or consent of instructor before enrolling in this course. If any recommended course is taken, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Compile and execute a C# program.
- Use I/O methods in a C# program.
- Create and use different data types in a C# program.
- Use methods with input and return parameters in a program.
- Create object-oriented classes with data and methods.
- Demonstrate the concept of overloading methods within a program.
- Demonstrate the use of traditional program concepts, including iteration, decision-making, use of Boolean expressions, and nested loops.
- Use arrays for storage and retrieval of data in a program.
- Employ inheritance in an object-oriented program.
- Use abstract classes and interfaces within an object-oriented program.
- Employ exception handling in a program.
- Use multiple predefined Visual Studio IDE objects and controls in a program.
- Create event handling in a GUI program.
- Introduction to the Visual Studio IDE
- Simple Compilation and Execution of Programs from the Visual Studio IDE
- Data Types and Declarations
- Using Methods
- Creating Classes and Objects
- Selection and Repetition
- Creating and Using Arrays
- Exception Handling
- GUI Objects from the Visual Studio IDE
- Controls from the Visual Studio IDE
- Handling Events
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)