Dec 03, 2021
BCT 271 - Electrical IV 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 4 lab periods
Continuation of BCT 174 . Includes load calculations-branch and feeder circuits, conductor selection and calculations, practical applications of lighting, hazardous locations, and overcurrent protection.
Prerequisite(s): BCT 174 or concurrent enrollment.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Use load calculations to determine branch circuit conductor size.
- Select conductors for various temperature ranges and atmospheres.
- Identify the general lighting pattern produced by each type of fixture.
- Define the various classifications of hazardous locations.
- Select and size overcurrent protection for specific applications.
- Load Calculations-Branch and Feeder Circuits
- Branch circuits
- Single and multi-motor circuits
- Conductor Selection and Calculations
- Current carrying ability
- Temperature rating
- Practical Applications of Lighting
- Hazardous Locations
- Classes of hazards
- Approved equipment
- Over Current Protection
- Circuit breakers
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)