MUS 209 - Leadership and Instructional Strategies for Marching Band
1.00 Credits, 1.00 Contact Hours
1.00 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Effective leadership techniques and essential instructional strategies utilized in successful organizations with a focus on the marching arts. Includes the development of the student leader/performer and the professional educator for the “Pride of Arizona” Marching Band.
Information: All interested students are welcome to register. Faculty approval required for registration. Must have taken at least one (1) semester of MUS 200 (UA Marching Band), and have the intention of auditioning for a student leadership position in the University Athletic Bands’ program.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Model, demonstrate, and teach appropriate marching band techniques.
- Demonstrate aurally through discussion specific leadership skills relevant to marching band.
- Demonstrate specific leadership skills through application of these skills on the marching field.
I. Marching Band Techniques
- Teaching specific marching band skills
- Developing and using collaboration skills for marching band
II. Leadership Skills
- Application of leadership skills in the classroom
- Application of the leadership skills on the marching field
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)