Sep 30, 2023
MUP 262 - Studio Instruction: Guitar III (Major) 2 Credits, 0.5 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 5 lab periods
Continuation of MUP 172 . Private weekly instrumental lessons. Includes further development of performance skills and participation in student recitals and jury exams.
Prerequisite(s): MUP 172
Corequisite(s): MUS 223 , MUS 224
Information: Students chosen by audition. Faculty approval required for registration.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Develop a continued emphasis on proper physical characteristics for playing of one’s instrument.
- Utilize a concentrated practicing and mental approach for playing one’s instrument.
- Expand upon, and the continuation of the student’s musicianship.
- Demonstrate playing of all major and minor scales by memory, and minor scales to be played in their natural minor form with a variety of articulations used.
- Demonstrate awareness of intervallic relationships and relate them to their instrument.
- Develop increased awareness of rhythmic subtleties.
- Develop increased awareness of chordal outline and proper resolution of said lines.
- Develop increased awareness of music literature and its interpretation for performance.
- Proper Timbre (Tonal) Production
- Accurate Rhythmic Interpretation
- Interpretation of Linear Lines
- Literature That is Listed as Etudes in Nature
- Literature That is Listed as Excerpts in Nature
- Literature That is Listed as Soloistic in Nature
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)