Sep 22, 2023
MUP 177 - Studio Instruction: Woodwinds II (Major) 2 Credits, 0.5 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 5 lab periods
Continuation of MUP 167 . Private weekly instrumental lessons. Includes further development of performance skills and participation in student recitals and jury exams.
Prerequisite(s): MUP 167
Corequisite(s): MUS 126 , MUS 129
Information: Students chosen by audition. Faculty approval required for registration.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a continued emphasis on proper physical characteristics for playing of one’s instrument.
- Demonstrate a concentrated practicing and mental approach for playing of one’s instruments.
- Demonstrate a continuation of student’s musicianship.
- Practice playing of all major scales using different articulations.
- Develop awareness of intervallic relationships and relate them to their instrument.
- Develop increased awareness of rhythmic subtleties.
- Develop increased awareness of chordal outline and proper resolution of said lines.
- Develop increased awareness of music literature and its interpretation for performance.
- Embouchure Development
- Proper Timbre (Tonal) Production
- Accurate Rhythmic Interpretation
- Interpretation of Linear Lines
- Literature That is Listed as Etudes in Nature
- Literature That is Listed as Excerpts in Nature
- Literature That is Listed as Soloistic in Nature
- History and Theory to be Taught Relevant to Literature Being Covered
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)