Sep 30, 2023
MUS 228 - Aural Perception IV [SUN# MUS 2223] 1 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Continuation of MUS 224 . Includes scales and modes, intervallic recognition, melodic dictation, chord type identification, chord progressions, rhythmic dictation; and syncopated rhythms, cross-rhythms, hemiola, and asymmetrical meter. Also includes sight singing melodies, and conducting while performing various rhythms and melodies. conducting while performing various
Prerequisite(s): MUS 224
Corequisite(s): MUS 226
Course Learning Outcomes
- Continued demonstration of sight singing and performing melodic lines.
- Continued transcription of melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic examples into music notation.
- Notate harmonic progressions containing chromatic tonal harmony from dictated examples.
- Continued development of conducting skills applied to common meters while performing rhythmic singing
- Scales and Modes
- Intervallic Recognition Melodically and Harmonically
- Melodic Dictation of Chromatic Tonal Melodies
- Chord Type Identification of Chromatic Chords
- Chord Progressions with Chromatic Chords
- Rhythmic Dictation and Performing Notated Rhythms
- Syncopated Rhythms, Cross-Rhythms, Hemiola, and Asymmetrical Meter
- Sight Singing Melodies
- Conducting While Performing Various Rhythms and Melodies
Full Academic Year 2019/2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)