Dec 09, 2023
CIS 103 - Microsoft Windows Operating System Professional Admin 3 Credits, 4 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Fundamental skills necessary to perform day-to-day administration tasks in a Microsoft Windows operating system. Includes deploying, configuring, securing, managing and monitoring windows devices and applications.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Use the Windows User Interface.
- Demonstrate use of Windows desktop management best practices.
- Describe common disk technologies to manage disks and file systems.
- Manage user accounts and user profiles.
- Implement windows security features and user account controls.
- Describe performance tuning tools and processes.
- Windows Network Administration Overview
- Operating system editions
- Directory services
- Administrative tasks and tools
- Windows Operating System
- Deploying Windows
- Post-installation configuration
- Over-the-network installation
- Unattended installation
- Distributions server
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
- Managing Services
- Configuring the local registry
- Implement local policy
- Troubleshooting startup/boot process
- Disk management
- User and Group Accounts
- Planning and creating user accounts
- Creating user profiles
- Planning and creating local groups
- Implementing account policies and user account control (UAC)
- Advanced authentication methods
- Client IP configuration
- Wireless connectivity
- VPN configuration
- Remote desktop management
- System Security
- Guidelines for share permission
- Guidelines for NTFS permissions
- Configuring NTFS and share permissions
- Windows Defender Firewall
- Malware detection
- Windows updates
- Print Server Administration
- Setting up a network print server and client
- Configuring a printer
- Managing printers
- Identifying and troubleshooting printing problems
- Resource and Event Audits
- Planning and implementing the audit policy
- Auditing folders, files, and printers
- Using event viewer to view the security log
- Resource Monitoring
- Viewing user sessions
- Monitoring resources in use
- Setting alerts and sending messages
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)