Dec 09, 2023
CAD 155 - ResidentialComputer-AidedDesig 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Residential Computer-Aided Design Beginning level Computer-Aided Design (CAD) of single family detached dwellings. Includes residential CAD skills, site, foundation, floor and roof framing, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical plans, building and wall sections, building elevations, and working drawing coordination.
Prerequisite(s): CAD 101
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate primary CAD skills for file management, title block layout, set and sheet composition, line weight hierarchy, lettering, printing, and binding for a residential project.
- Develop a beginning level site plan.
- Develop a beginning level foundation plan.
- Develop a beginning level floor plan.
- Develop beginning level building sections.
- Develop beginning level wall sections.
- Develop beginning level building elevations.
- Develop a beginning level roof framing plan.
- Develop a beginning level mechanical plan.
- Develop a beginning level plumbing plan.
- Develop a beginning level electrical plan.
- Develop a beginning level complete set of working drawings.
- Beginning Level Residential CAD Skills
- File management
- Title block layout
- Set composition (“Comic Book”)
- Sheet composition
- Line weight hierarchy
- Lettering sizes and styles
- Beginning Level Site Plan
- Site plan drawings
- General notes
- Legal description
- Beginning Level Foundation Plan
- Foundation plan drawings
- Foundation notes and dimensions
- Foundation details
- Beginning Level Floor Plan
- Floor plan drawings
- Floor plan notes and dimensions
- Room finish schedule
- Interior elevations
- Beginning Level Building Sections
- Building sections drawings
- Building section notes
- Beginning Level Wall Sections
- Wall sections drawings
- Wall section notes and dimensions
- Beginning Level Building Elevations
- Building elevations drawings
- Building elevation notes and dimensions
- Beginning Level Roof Framing Plan
- Roof framing plan drawings
- Roof framing notes
- Roof framing details
- Beginning Level Mechanical Plan
- Mechanical plan drawings
- Mechanical notes
- Mechanical symbols and abbreviations
- Beginning Level Plumbing Plan
- Plumbing plan drawings
- Plumbing notes
- Plumbing symbols and abbreviations
- Beginning Level Electrical Plan
- Electrical plan drawings
- Electrical notes
- Electrical symbols and abbreviations
- Beginning Level Working Drawing Coordination
- Pick-up redlines
- Coordinate between individual drawings
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)