Dec 09, 2023
CHM 295LB - Independent Research in Chemistry 1-4 Credits, 3-12 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 3-12 lab periods
Experience in scientific laboratory research. Specific content to be determined by student and instructor.
Information: One semester of chemistry and consent of instructor is required before enrolling in this course. May be taken three times for a maximum of twelve credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an ability to independently design, plan, and conduct scientific research and communicate research results through any of the following: (a) in-class demonstrate, (b) completion of a capstone project, (c) writing a scientific research paper, or (d) giving a scientific oral presentation.
- Conduct independent scientific research.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory techniques in the research area selected.
- Demonstrate accuracy and appropriate data collecting skills in research.
- Write a scientific research paper based on data obtained during the research project.
- Discuss personal view concerning a career in science.
- Independent Research to be Determined by the Student and Instructor
- Scientific Paper Based on Research Results
- Evaluation of Career Goals
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)